Sorry for the delay and lack of posting. Have had a lot on my plate lately – I will definitely start posting consistently around the beginning of October.
Anyways, here’s a new drawing I did recently. Took around 7 hours I suppose?
What went well:
- The eyes and hair
- I am very proud of the eyes and hair – I think that they are the best ones that I have done as of now. For the hair, I added a bit of highlights this time and made a little halo with the airbrush. They eyes were also much more detailed this time.
- The proportions
- Not much to say about this. Proportions went well and I was able to sketch out the basic shapes relatively faster than usual.
- The background
- Although simplistic, I like the way that the blurriness of the room behind her and the solid colored wall slightly in front of her looks.
What didn’t go well
- The flatness
- The character looks very flat and 2-dimensional. I think I made the hair a bit 3-d, but the rest makes it looks like a flat sticker or something.
- The lighting
- I added some backlight in this drawing from behind the figure, but it looks a bit unnatural as to where I put the lighting on the figure itself.
Overall, I feel that each of my drawings has been incrementally improving little by little. I will still need to make at least 6 or 7 more drafts of each of my characters before I start finalizing them and beginning to draw my actual Webcomic. I am still scripting the chapters as well. In all, making a webcomic is a slow and time-consuming process that is much harder than it looks.